Home / Entertainment News / WILL CHARGES BE DROPPED AGAINST KEVIN SPACEY?

WILL CHARGES BE DROPPED AGAINST KEVIN SPACEY?

A key piece of evidence is missing in the case against Kevin Spacey. His accuser, mother and their attorney say they cannot find the cell phone the accuser used on the night of the alleged assault, leading many to wonder whether Spacey will manage to get the case thrown out, as he and his legal team have been trying to do for some months.

The accuser’s attorney, Mitchell Garabedian, told a Nantucket District Court that the cell phone used by the then-18-year-old on the night of the alleged assault in July of 2016, said that the young man and his parents "have searched all the places where such a phone may have been stored. They have not found the phone."

Earlier this month, the judge told them they had to have the phone by today (Friday), but he is extending that deadline to July 8. If they cannot produce the phone, the man or his parents will have to appear in court to discuss options.

Spacey’s lawyer, Alan Jackson, has called the accusation "patently false," and claims the accuser tampered with the cell phone, deleting certain messages before handing over to authorities in 2017. Garabedian says the father does not recall getting the phone back from authorities, who in turn claim they turned it over to him.