Michelle Obama has announced a 10-city book tour for her memoir, Becoming. According to The Grio, the former First Lady will make stops in Chicago, Los Angeles, Washington, D.C., Boston, Philadelphia, Brooklyn, Detroit, Denver, San Jose and Dallas. In a new video release, she said, "I’ve spent the last year and a half reflecting on my story as deeply and honestly as I could, and now I’m thrilled to travel the country and do the same with readers this fall. I hope that this tour will inspire others to reflect upon and share their own stories—all the joys and sorrows, all the scars and renewals — so that together, we can better recognize that each of us, in our own way, is in a constant process of becoming."
Michelle continued, "Over this time that I’ve been out of the White House, I’ve had time to think and reflect for the first time in a long time. I spent some time really thinking about the people, the stories and the experiences that have shaped me and helped me become the person I am today. I am proud of what I’ve created. I’m proud because it is candid, it’s honest, it is totally and utterly me. So I’m also a little frightened because it is so candid and honest and open."
She added, "I’m hoping that, because of this book, others feel the power of their own voice and their own story. Not in the big moments, but in the little things, the small moments, the bumps, the bruises, the highs and the lows — because those are the things that make us uniquely who we are."
Check out the dates below:
Becoming: An Intimate Conversation With Michelle Obama Dates:
- Nov. 13 - Chicago, IL @ United Center
- Nov. 15 - Los Angeles, CA @ The Forum
- Nov. 17 - Washington, DC @ Capital One Arena
- Nov. 24 - Boston, MA @ TD Garden
- Nov. 29 - Philadelphia, PA @ Wells Fargo Center
- Dec. 1 - Brooklyn, NY @ Barclays Center
- Dec. 11 - Detroit, MI @ Little Caesars Arena
- Dec. 13 - Denver, CO @ Pepsi Center Arena
- Dec. 14 - San Jose, CA @ SAP Center
- Dec. 17 - Dallas, TX @ American Airlines Center