Luann de Lesseps has checked herself back into rehab, People reports. The 53-year-old Real Housewives of New York City star is seeking help for the second time after entering rehab following her Christmas Eve arrest for attacking a police officer in Palm Beach.
De Lesseps authorized costar Bethenny Frankel to speak on her behalf. "This weekend, Luann was surrounded by her girlfriends and decided — with their support — that in light of recent circumstances, it is the healthiest choice for her not to attend Tuesday’s reunion taping so that she can continue in her healing process," Frankel tells People. "Luann is now surrounded by a core group of people who truly have her best interests at heart and who are working to make sure she gets the help she needs."
"Bravo has been very supportive of Luann during this time. It’s a brave and honest decision by her, and everyone is rallying around her and wants the best for her," Frankel explains.
"Bravo supports Luann’s decision to focus on her health," the network said in a statement. "She is part of the Bravo family and we continue to stand by her as she copes with this challenging situation. At this time, we hope everyone will respect her privacy."
Meanwhile, insiders tell Page Six that de Lesseps may be facing an epic battle against her ex Count Alexandre de Lesseps and their children, Victoria and Noel. The trio filed court papers last week claiming that she is reneging on an agreement to set up a trust for the kids, and that things came to a head when she decided to sell her home in Hamptons following her split from Tom D’Agostino and her arrest over Christmas. "Going back to their marriage, Alex felt Luann overspent," said a source. "He did this included the trust provision in the settlement to protect the kids." The paper said parties on all sides are bracing themselves for a drawn-out legal spat.