Dr Chris Brown almost went BLIND after a freak gardening accident

Dr Chris Brown almost went BLIND after a freak gardening accident while self-isolating at home – and says the pain was like ‘having chilli in your eye but ten times worse’

Dr Chris Brown was rushed to the emergency room on Sunday night after a freak gardening accident.

And the Bondi Vet star, 41, revealed on Thursday that  the injury could have left him permanently blind if hadn’t sought medical attention.

He told The Kyle and Jackie O Show that the painful saga began when he decided to tackle some DIY projects while in self-isolation because of the COVID-19 pandemic.

'Imagine having chilli in your eye, it was like that times ten!' Dr Chris Brown revealed on the Kyle and Jackie O show on Thursday he almost went BLIND after a gardening accident while he was self-isolating during the coronavirus pandemic

‘Imagine having chilli in your eye, it was like that times ten!’ Dr Chris Brown revealed on the Kyle and Jackie O show on Thursday he almost went BLIND after a gardening accident while he was self-isolating during the coronavirus pandemic

‘I trimmed this big cactus thing and as I was trimming one of the stems, it sprayed it’s sap at me which wasn’t ideal, and got me in the right eye,’ he explained.

The Living Room host thought nothing of it until 30 seconds later when his eyes started to burn.

‘Imagine having chilli in your eye, it was like that times ten and it started burning!’ he said.

'I trimmed this big cactus thing and as I was trimming one of the stems, it sprayed it’s sap at me': Chris revealed he was tackling some DIY projects while he was  home self isolating when he had his accident

‘I trimmed this big cactus thing and as I was trimming one of the stems, it sprayed it’s sap at me’: Chris revealed he was tackling some DIY projects while he was  home self isolating when he had his accident

'You need to go to hospital right now because this is incredibly toxic and it can actually make you go blind': Once his eye started to burn Chris called the poisons information centre who gave him shocking news. Thankfully he rushed to the hospital (pictured) where they 'flushed his eye for an hour'

‘You need to go to hospital right now because this is incredibly toxic and it can actually make you go blind’: Once his eye started to burn Chris called the poisons information centre who gave him shocking news. Thankfully he rushed to the hospital (pictured) where they ‘flushed his eye for an hour’ 

Chris then rang the Poisons Information Centre and was given some shocking news.

He continued: ‘Straight away they just said, “You need to go to hospital right now because this is incredibly toxic and it can actually make you go blind.”‘

Thankfully, Chris rushed to the hospital where they flushed his eye out for an hour.

'So it seriously is a case of stop it or you'll go blind': Studio 10 panellist Angela Bishop (left) made a cheeky comment about Chris's (right)  injury during a live cross from his home on Tuesday

‘So it seriously is a case of stop it or you’ll go blind’: Studio 10 panellist Angela Bishop (left) made a cheeky comment about Chris’s (right)  injury during a live cross from his home on Tuesday

While he did ‘cop a bit of a corneal ulcer and a burn’, Chris feels ‘pretty lucky as he recovers at home.  

He won’t be doing any more gardening while in self-isolation.

As of Thursday afternoon, there are 2,675 reported cases of coronavirus in Australia, including 12 deaths.

Pandemic: As of Thursday afternoon, there are 2,675 reported cases of coronavirus in Australia, including 12 deaths

Pandemic: As of Thursday afternoon, there are 2,675 reported cases of coronavirus in Australia, including 12 deaths

Advertisement


Source link