Home / Entertainment News / 90 Percent of Ariana Grande’s “7 Rings” Royalties Going to Rodgers & Hammerstein

90 Percent of Ariana Grande’s “7 Rings” Royalties Going to Rodgers & Hammerstein

90 Percent of Ariana Grande’s “7 Rings” Royalties Going to Rodgers & Hammerstein

Ariana Grande’s “7 Rings” recently went back to No. 1 on the Billboard charts, although the pop star’s not making tons of cash from the hit thanks to the song she borrowed for the music. The New York Times reports that composers Richard Rodgers and Oscar Hammerstein II are receiving 90 percent of “7 Rings” royalties since Grande revamped the melody and lyrics of The Sound of Music‘s “My Favorite Things” for the song. The tune’s other eight co-writers, meanwhile, are splitting the other 10 percent. Still, Concord, the company that owns Rodgers and Hammerstein’s music, green-lit the song with no issues after Grande’s team agreed to the lopsided split. In fact, Theodore S. Chapin, who manages Rodgers and Hammerstein’s copyrights, told The Times that Rodgers’ late daughter, Mary Rodgers, “would have thought [Grande’s usage] is pretty kick**s.”